Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A Surprise Goodbye



Today I was making SweetPotatoMayas, and I messed up.  That's right people - I made a mistake.

"Scrood-da-pooch", as the Mr. so eloquently puts it.

I was making a batch of SweetPotatoMayas today, because tomorrow morning, I am meeting my very first (if all this goes well) prospective customer.  He will sample them to see if they go well in his coffee shop.  Can you imagine?  Little SweetPotatoMayas, at a cafe!  And such perfect timing for the fall - leaves are beginning to turn yellow and red, the sun shining bright and the air so crisp.  Who wouldn't want to cozy up with a fabulous mug of coffee or tea and a SweetPotatoMaya :)

So I'm hoping this batch turns out extra yummy so that the cafe dude likes it.   I am peeling, chopping, boiling...thinking happy, joyful thoughts in my head so that lots of love go into these babies.  I mashed the sweet potatoes, got the mashed goodness into baking cups, and they went into the oven.

Phew!  Phase one, complete.  Now that they're in the oven, I shall prepare the kitchen for the next phase.  And I go to tidy up a bit, and I notice a plate sitting on the counter.  Two slabs of butter, all softened and ready to butter-tize 'something'.   I forgot to add butter.




Now, I am perfect.  My house and car is ALWAYS spotless and clean.  I go to the grocery store for one item and buy ten more things, but ALWAYS remember to get that one item I went in for.  I've NEVER run out of gas on the freeway, I have NEVER forgotten my kid's well-child check-ups, and I most certainly, NEVER, EVER, have opened a bottle of wine before 3pm.  So you can just imagine how absolutely shocked I was.    

The babies come out of the oven, I look at them cautiously, and they look...the same.  I think we're gonna be okay!  Now, I love sweet potatoes, and I love butter.  And I'm pretty sure they love me back.  If it turns out that the SweetPotatoMayas with less butter tastes just as good, I think I'm going to have to cut butter out of our little love triangle.

And I'll hope that that cafe dude likes it this way too! 




4 comments:

  1. They look like cute little drops of heaven. :)

    I hope he likes it too! Update me if you get it. I'll be dancing on my toes on the other side of the world with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you! You are so sweet...okay, I will definitely update! I wanna do the dance :)

      Delete
  2. This happened to me last week!I forgot to put a 1/2 stick of butter into my tart crust and tried to add it in later- mistake! Best to just leave it out and cut your losses. I'm sure they were delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohh I'm sure the tart was delicious :) Do you have some left? I want some...

      Delete