Thursday, October 4, 2012

Passed the Inspection!


The inspector from the Department of Agriculture came to my house today, and approved me for a 'Domestic Kitchen Bakery' License. Ya~y!! Now I can officially start baking SweetPotatoMayas, and sharing them with the world.  

I am so relieved.  If I didn't pass this inspection, I wouldn't have been able to go forward in this little business venture.  Then I would have needed to find a job in accounting, which is what I went to school for in the first place.  I don't have anything against accounting, but right now, baking at home seems more fun to me.   

The inspector arrived at 10am, and stayed for over an hour.  He had me pull out my equipment, tools, and explain to him where I would be storing the goods and how I would be making the SweetPotaoMayas.  I was missing a thermometer in my separate refrigerator (designated for SweetPotatoMaya use only), and I need sanitizer and sanitizer testing strips, to clean and prep kitchen surfaces before making the SweetPotatoMayas.  

He mentioned the length of my hair (it's long), and noted in the report: "Adequate hair restraints worn during processing".

"Yeah, my hair has major behavioral issues.  Restraints would be a good idea."  - was what I wanted to say.  But I restrained myself.  Don't wanna piss off the gatekeeper!

Thank goodness my sweet friend came over to be with me too - she was a wonderful support.  She gave me lots of big celebratory hugs after the inspector left :)  Thank you, my friend~!! 

I was so exhausted afterwards, that I didn't even have the energy to fix up a cocktail.  I literally laid down in a sunny spot on the carpet and passed out.



8 comments:

  1. Yay! Dances*

    Congratulations! Aww knew you can do it! They look great. :)

    You did accounting? I'm currently studying it. Would I be able to get some tips from you? ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! doing a *jig* here

    Thank you soooooo much...kind, sweet, London Beauty! Yes, last year I went back to school to get a certificate in accounting. It's like a number game...a puzzle, and I like that! I hope you are enjoying it too (^-^)/~

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did amazing job, Maya-san!!! I was so impressed how you responded to those questions and comments at the inspection!

    New chapter has just begun! Enjoy~~!

    ~*~*~*Congratulations~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't thank you enough Yuko-san!! I was so nervous - I'm so glad you were there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool! Congratulations. I've always wanted to chef, or cater/bake from home (people have told me for years that I should). You're very lucky to be able to do this. Enjoy. :-)

    If I ever ventured into the professional food world I'd definitely have to build a kitchen apart and separate from the house (due to pets).

    Thanks for visiting my photography blog and leaving the nice comments.

    The dahlia is from my own yard, but I've been to the Canby dahlia festival many times. I used to live there, and still spend a good portion of my time in and around, though I have lived a few miles south for nearly eleven years now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. Thank you so much, Carole! Yes, I am enjoying your blog - familiar places and things I love, and so beautifully captured :)

      Delete
  6. Luckily....he didn't get called off to an "Agricultural Emergency"! ;)

    ReplyDelete