Monday, October 22, 2012

Getting the Business Going (continued...)



The one amazing resource I had was, Lisa Banks, of Lizzy Cakes Cupcakes.  Our kids were in school together, and I knew she had just started her beautiful cupcake business out of her home.  So I called her and introduced myself, and asked if she would kindly give me some pointers.  She was so gracious and supportive, and spent lots of time explaining to me the process she went through.

It was my birthday last week, and I got to order Lizzy Cakes Cupcakes!  On the evening of my birthday, my family took me out to dinner, and when we came home we devoured Lisa's cupcakes.  I ordered the mini Lemon Meringue cupcakes (complete with homemade lemon curd inside), and with her recommendation, the Lemon Raspberry (with homemade butter-cream frosting and fresh raspberry inside). They were so fun to look and oogle at, and they were delicious!  We were all smiles :)  Lisa bakes the cupcakes to order - to be eaten on the day of - so they are fresh.  And there are so many different flavors and designs to choose from - all of which are wonderful, original creations of hers.  Thank you so much Lisa, for your time and advice, and for your amazing cupcakes that made my birthday extra sweet! 

If anyone is looking to include some major sweetness to their next event, or just because, I highly recommend Lizzy Cakes Cupcakes.  Below is the link to her lovely website :) 

Lizzy Cakes Cupcakes







No comments:

Post a Comment