Monday, February 18, 2013

Life sure is full of surprises.  Aren't they?

Last week, the Mr's principal approached me about a temporary, part-time position at the school.  So then I applied and interviewed with the school district and principal, got hired, and trained for this new position.  All of that happened in one week, and tomorrow I start my new job as a kindergarten and 1st grade Math Interventionist.

Because of the fancy title, I thought maybe it meant I had to intervene when kids were having too much fun with math.  You know, like tell them it's getting out of hand, and how math is ruining their life.  But to my relief, it just means I get to give extra math support to kiddos who need it.  And I'll be there till mid-May.    

See?  I just knew there was a reason for me getting that Accounting Certificate last year!

So, if you happen to notice SweetPotatoMayas' not harassing you with as many posts, and wonder what's going on, that's where I'll be :)

They gave me counting tools like blocks and teddy bears.  I'm thinking I can add my personal touch with some empty wine bottles.  Ooh, I've got plenty of corks, too.

Hey, nothing wrong with teaching to 'Re-use. Reduce. Recycle.'

Photo by Sammy Gould

10 comments:

  1. Well done, you started a new job, I hope that you can get a move on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw congratulations! Everything happens for a reason :) Least your accounting cert. didn't go to waste :)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I totally thought the same thing ;)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! "Math Interventionist" is quite the job title. Made me think of someone who steps in and stops people from using math, in case their calculus addiction is causing them serious relationship problems, or their habit of mainlining algebraic equations has lost them their job and cost them their savings. People whose homes are littered with math paraphernalia like calculators, slide rules, protractors and rolls of adding machine tape, and whose checkbook is always balanced (common signs). ;-)

    Anyway, I sure could have used a Math Interventionist - I've always struggled with that subject. Though if my teachers had used wine bottles and corks as teaching tools, maybe I'd have found math a lot more appealing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Math paraphernalia and checkbooks always balanced...Math Intervention...stat! Well, I did number games and counting teddy bears with them today, and I think they're going to have a healthy relationship with math :) Looks like I won't need to break out the wine bottles - yet!
      Thank you so much for the well wishes!

      Delete
  4. Congrats! You'll do great!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!! Thank you so much for the support! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many thanks for your lovely comment on my blog... xxx
    Hugs back Drew xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are blogger friends for :) Knee surgery is a big deal! Please do not rush the recovery - I repeat - DO NOT rush the recovery. And we'll see you and your birds on the flip-side!

      Delete