Monday, February 11, 2013

Damaged Goods (Happy Ending)

Back in November, I wrote about the terrible mess I ended up mailing to a couple of customers.  If you want to get the dirty details on my total embarrassment, you can Click here.  When the SweetPotatoMayas arrived, they were sloppy, wet, misshapen clumps of goo in a box.  With soggy crumble pieces scattered all over inside the package.  Sounds fun, huh?

It took some time, but I got the correct packaging method figured out so that SweetPotatoMayas could make it to it's destination in a presentable manner. While packaging for shipping HAD to be corrected,  it was very important to me, to make things right with the lovely customers I sent crap to.  So last week, I was  finally able to send fresh, properly packaged SweetPotatoMayas to them.  I did hear from one of the customers, who was so gracious in letting me know they got them, and that they were great.  I am so thankful :)

6 comments:

  1. I know how hard it can be to just mail muffins to my mom, a seven-hour drive away. I can't imagine the kind of packing required to ship your delicate treats and have them arrive as pretty as they were when they left! I hope you hear from your other customer too, because great customer service like that deserves gratitude and praise. Not everyone would have gone to the trouble to make it right!

    Happy Valentine's Day to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Laloofah, you are so kind! Thank you...your words definitely make me feel better about the 'unfortunate incident'. And you know what? Reading your kind comment couldn't have been better timing because, I just got off the phone with my sister-in-law's mother, whom I sent some SweetPotatoMayas to. She couldn't get her parcel package till several days later(she lives in a remote area), and by then the pies had turned green. She said she was so upset because she wanted to try them so bad, and she even tried eating one!! How ridiculously sweet is she? Sorry for the long story... Anyway, I think I'm going to stop offering the mail option for now. It just doesn't make good business sense. But one thing's for sure -I am learning a lot. And more importantly, I really appreciate the support of lovely blogger peeps like you! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you R :) Thanks for popping in, too!

      Delete
  3. Double wow, that is a beautiful photograph you have taken, I'm going to look at your blog more often, cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bob and thank you so much for visiting! Oh gosh, I wish I could take the credit for the beautiful shot, but it is a stock photo I came across that I fell in love with. I could just imagine the little wishies floating through the air in that light, traveling to reach new places... I'm not a photographer, so please don't look at my blog for photographs! I do love YOUR photos - they are amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete