Friday, October 12, 2012

A Hostile Takeover



It's been a week, and I haven't heard back from the owner of the coffee shop.  The 'prospective customer'.

It was a really cool experience, but I was so, so, so, nervous!  I've never done anything like that before - meet with a business owner and pitch my product.  Going in, I felt like the little girl with an easy-bake oven.

He wanted to know how I came about making SweetPotatoMayas, what my goals were with this product, and how often and how much I thought I could produce them.  He introduced me to his managers, I gave him my packages of SweetPotatoMayas, and he said they'll be in touch.

And that was over a week ago.

So I baked another batch today -  to drop off another box of SweetPotatoMayas tomorrow.  I'm just gonna go in, say hello, and hand deliver some cozy goodness.  Hey, I can't back down this easily, right?

There's no school tomorrow due to staff development, so the troop will come with me; my kids, one of my kid's friend, and maybe my niece.  That's right baby.  I've got my entourage.  You could call it a hostile takeover - SweetPotatoMaya style.






8 comments:

  1. I'm sure they will get round to you soon! :)

    Nobody will say no to sweetpotatomayas.! I wonder how they taste like. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you~! Yep, doesn't hurt to let them know I'm still here, right?

      And miss London's Beauty, I'm currently working on freezing them so they can be shipped. I hoping one day, my babies can make their way to sweet people like you!

      Delete
    2. Definitely! I would do the same.

      Woo! That is great. I'm sure it will make it around the world some day. ;)

      Thank you for the Birthday wishes. You're so sweet! ^^

      Delete
  2. You GO girl!!! Squeaky wheel gets the grease every time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turns out the owner is on vacation and out of town... And I was ready to go in all gang-busters! No, I left the goodies with the staff so they can have a snack - I'm hoping it was a happy moment in their day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you play hardball! It's delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay thank you! Yes, SweetPotatoMayas is all about hardballing!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete