Thursday, August 8, 2013

Hello out there!

Kind of a quick and dirty update here...

SPMs are still going strong over at World Cup Coffee, and I just gotta say I LOVE going in there weekly to deliver my goods.  Great location downtown :)  They have such a great vibe over there! Thanks you guys, for carrying my stuff!

And it looks like Driftwood Coffee will be carrying SPMs starting this fall.  Of course, whether they carry SPMs or not, you should visit this place.  A little off the main streets and busy shopping centers, this simple yet super cozy coffee place has beautiful light inside, and the owner makes you feel right at home.  And her coffee creations are delish.  There's local art inside too.

Once the school year starts, I'll do my other part-time job; the 10 week-long, math intervention program for 1st graders and Kindergartners.  After that, I'll pick up aid sub jobs when they need me!  And, SPMs will be sharing me with another part-time job, beginning this month, as a bookkeeper for an auto repair shop (thank you so much miss Jill, for the referral!).

My girls and I  - let's call it Team SPM - are signed up for the Back to School Fun Run, on Aug. 25th.  So this will get us back in the school spirit, and even better, this events' benefits provides new back-pack and school materials to at-risk boys and girls.  Talk about helping each other, and getting the kids involved :)  Please pass on the word if you know anyone in the Portland area who might be interested.

And as always, thanks for checking in and visiting, and I hope y'all are having a safe, healthy, good summer!

The strange but beautiful color Blue the sky turns, during July and August in Oregon :)  Captured by the Mr.


No comments:

Post a Comment