Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Well hello again :)  I hope everyone is off to a good start this week!

I have to be honest, in terms of SweetPotatoMayas, mine hasn't started off as well.  I went to another produce distributor in the area yesterday, and that seemed like another dead end.   One nice shipping manager from a California farm I spoke to last week, told me they were shipping two kinds of the sweet potato variety I was interested in, to a distributor in my area.  And it was to arrive Monday.   So I went there yesterday, but by the time I got there, one of the pellets had already sold and was all gone.  And the other pellet that was still left, carried the sweet potatoes I didn't want.

This shipment and the distributor was the one lead I got after calling 4 or 5 farms, speaking to numerous people at each farm, trying to explain what I'm looking for.  I'm wondering if the sweet potatoes I'm looking for, even exists anymore.  I kind of feel like a detective on a case that's gone 'cold'.  Except my case isn't really that cool - it's just about spuds that grow in the ground.

I admit, I went through a 'moment of funk' yesterday - nothing major, just questioning my own love and commitment to sweet potatoes.  But I snapped out of it, and I'm ready to press on!  I feel silly that I even let it get to me.   But, eh.  I'm human and such is life.    I have a new plan - I'll write about it later - and other leads I'm going to follow.  And we'll see where that takes me :)  It's all an adventure and a journey, and I am so blessed to get to experience it.

So, for anyone that's out there, thanks for letting me share my neurotic quest for the right sweet potato, and for putting up with it.  I have a feeling the saga will continue...

  

2 comments:

  1. You will find that perfect sweet potato!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete