Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I've never made a New Year's Resolution in my life.  What's the point?  I know I'm gonna break it anyway.  The thing is, I'm such a weak little cheater - I've avoided making any New Year's Resolutions because I KNOW I won't keep it, and I'm way too scared to face that kind of failure.

But lately, I've been failing in all sorts of ways, so it's starting to not feel as bad.  'Why can't I get my kid to memorize the multiplication table...she's already in the 4th grade, why can't I just stop at two glasses of wine,  good lord I haven't put the family album together for the last 5 years...'.  You get the picture.  The list goes on and on.  I feel like I'm starting to get a handle on this 'failure' thing.  Either I've developed a tolerance for failure, or I'm finally growing up and letting go of the little things.  I'd like to go with the latter 'cause it sounds much cooler.

Anyway, all this is to say, I think I'm going to make a New Year's Resolution this year.  I hope I didn't miss the deadline...I've never played this game before.  Hopefully it's not too late to jump in - and here is my New Year's Resolution:


  • Contact one prospective customer a week - and blog about it.

That's it. So lets let'er rip.  In blaze of glory like a crazy mo-fo.

...I'm always late to join the party, but I'm finally learning that it's so much more fun to crash and burn tryin', than playing it safe and not doing anything at all.

So here I go, with my sweet potato love child ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment