Thursday, January 17, 2013

If I may, I'd like to share kind of an unrelated story today.  The last couple of weeks have been kind of rocky for the sweet potato and I, and I've been yappin' at you a lot about my sweet potato woes - perhaps you would enjoy a little break from it :)

The Mr. and I are heading back East this weekend,  to see an old friend get married!  I'm so excited to attend our friend Eddie's wedding.  AND we get to stay at our cousin's place, and it will be so great to see him and his lady too.  I really love traveling.  Traveling, and visiting seeing people you love?  Even better!

The Mr. and I have a special connection with our friend Eddie.  The three of us met at a community college in 1995 - that was 18 years ago.  We all auditioned and were cast in a production of A Little Night Music ( best known for the song Send In the Clowns).  So we were stuck with each other rehearsing, whether we liked it or not.   And 5 years after that, in 2000, when the Mr. and I got married, Eddie performed the ceremony for us.

Man...we were kids!  We were in our mid-20's, and Eddie lead our wedding in front of 100 guests that day.  He had all of us laughing, smiling, and feeling emotional...  I was too young to realize what a huge thing Eddie had done for us.  So you can understand my excitement right?  I'm just all smiles thinking, that in just a couple of days, we'll be sitting there watching Eddie get married!!

Being the travel loving geek that I am, I looked up where I was going.  I looked at maps, I looked at the facilities where the events will be held...it's too much fun!  The ceremony is going to be held at St. Patrick's Church in Yorktown Heights, and when I saw a picture of this place, my jaw just dropped.

So beautiful.


And after the ceremony, the hardcore celebration will take place at the Glen Island Harbour Club in New Rochelle. Looks like a spectacular location to celebrate the newlyweds.

I'll be away from my kitchen and all the 'SweetPotatoMaya-ness', and I'm feeling a bit nervous about leaving my post.  But I can't imagine a better reason than this, to step away for a couple of days :)

Well...thank you for letting me share my excitement, and for taking a look here.  I really appreciate it.  And I hope your weekend is a good one too.

We're on our way Eddie!!


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping in, and for the invitation!

      Delete
  2. That's so sweet! I can picture you smile, laugh and tearly for the happy moment.
    Have a safe trip~.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welp, the moment I saw Eddie and hugged him, I feel apart. Thank you so much for the well wishes, and it was a really good trip :)

      Delete